We first came across Luke Jackson at the 2009 Weyfest near Farnham in Surrey. Definitely a rising star at 15 years old. At 19, he was wowing audiences across the UK and Europe. At the end of 2014 Luke supported MARILLION on their Christmas UK and European tour.
Luke is a young Roots Singer/Songwriter from Canterbury, Kent, who in 2013 was nominated in the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards for both the Horizon Award for Best Emerging Talent and The Young Folk Category. With a bold, distinctive voice and a sweet, percussive guitar style, Luke is a confident and captivating live performer.
Over the past few years he has steadily been developing a reputation for himself in the Folk & Roots circuits either through his solo shows, many festival appearances or when opening for such luminaries as Show of Hands, Steve Knightley, Martyn Joseph, Karine Polwart, Oysterband, Paul Brady, Glen Tilbrook, Sarah Jarosz and Lucy Ward. He has also completed two short tours of Scotland, including playing at both the highly regarded Belladrum and Edinburgh Fringe Festivals.
His first tour of Europe took in Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany. This was followed by a prestigious support slot on the Marillion tour to end 2014 and he started 2015 with a series of joint headline shows with Amy Wadge.
His debut album ‘More Than Boys’ produced by the acclaimed Welsh Singer-Songwriter Martyn Joseph was released in 2012 to great reviews, as was the follow up ‘Fumes and Faith’ in early 2014. This record was co-produced by Luke with Cardiff based American producer Mason Neely and further reflects his development as both a writer and performer.
Luke is an ever present in the live music scene, gigging relentlessly all over the country and he remains a prolific songwriter with a further full length album due in 2016.
(c)Luke Jackson/Paul Jackson
- Luke Jackson
- 01.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Who-Knows-Where-The-Time-Goes-MP3.mp3Who Knows Where The Time Goes - MP3Luke Jackson5:56s24audio/mpeg80
- 02.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/01-The-Man-That-Never-Was.mp3The Man That Never WasLuke Jackson2:55s1audio/mpeg80
- 03.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/02-Treat-Me-Mean-Keep-Me-Keen.mp3Treat Me Mean, Keep Me KeenLuke Jackson3:57s2audio/mpeg80
- 04.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/03-Finding-Home.mp3Finding HomeLuke Jackson4:51s3audio/mpeg80
- 05.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/04-Better-Man.mp3Better ManLuke Jackson3:42s4audio/mpeg80
- 06.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/05-Anything-But-Fate.mp3Anything But FateLuke Jackson2:49s5audio/mpeg80
- 07.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/06-Leather-And-Chrome.mp3Leather And ChromeLuke Jackson5:49s6audio/mpeg80
- 08.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/07-I-Remember.mp3I RememberLuke Jackson3:16s8audio/mpeg80
- 09.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/08-Aunt-Sally.mp3Aunt SallyLuke Jackson3:50s7audio/mpeg80
- 10.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/09-Kansas.mp3KansasLuke Jackson4:15s9audio/mpeg80
- 11.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/10-Lucy-And-Her-Camera.mp3Lucy And Her CameraLuke Jackson3:59s10audio/mpeg80
- 12.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/11-Thats-All-Folks.mp3That's All FolksLuke Jackson4:26s11audio/mpeg80
- 13.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/12-The-Road.mp3The RoadLuke Jackson4:13s12audio/mpeg80
- 14.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/01-Sister.mp3SisterLuke Jackson4:25s13audio/mpeg80
- 15.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/02-Father-and-Son.mp3Father and SonLuke Jackson4:38s14audio/mpeg80
- 16.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/03-Fumes-and-Faith.mp3Fumes and FaithLuke Jackson3:58s15audio/mpeg80
- 17.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/04-Answers-Have-Gone.mp3Answers Have GoneLuke Jackson3:58s16audio/mpeg80
- 18.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/05-Out-of-Time.mp3Out of TimeLuke Jackson5:24s17audio/mpeg80
- 19.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/06-Buried-Dreams.mp3Buried DreamsLuke Jackson4:28s18audio/mpeg80
- 20.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/07-Fathers-Footsteps.mp3Father's FootstepsLuke Jackson3:51s19audio/mpeg80
- 21.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/08-Charlie-in-the-Big-World.mp3Charlie in the Big WorldLuke Jackson5:57s20audio/mpeg80
- 22.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/09-Down-to-the-Sea-1.mp3Down to the SeaLuke Jackson4:20s21audio/mpeg80
- 23.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/10-Ghost-at-the-Crossroads.mp3Ghost at the CrossroadsLuke Jackson3:55s22audio/mpeg80
- 24.http://artistsonlinemusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/11-Notebook.mp3NotebookLuke Jackson4:15s23audio/mpeg80
What They Say:
“an outstanding heir to the likes of Richard Thompson and Martin Simpson” – Acoustic magazine
Luke has already acquired both an unmistakable voice
and a strikingly individual vision – fRoots Magazine
It comes as no surprise that Luke Jackson is continually feted as one of the British folk scene’s bright young things – R2 Magazine
A great singer, a great songwriter and a really commanding presence – Mike Harding
He has a stage presence that many artists would kill for and a voice and guitar style that make you think that he’s a sixty year veteran who happens to have discovered the fountain of eternal youth – Fatea Magazine
If you think previous comparisons to Richard Thompson jump the gun, think again; because there’s something that sets this performance a discreet cut above the rest – Edinburgh Fringe Festival Review
Very powerful-impressive songs, individual playing and the singing-oh man the singing! – Folkcast
A sumptuous voice loaded with maturity and a melodically blessed guitar style – Spiral Earth
Luke Jackson sings with an extraordinarily rich voice and possesses a guitar technique astonishing for one so young. I first heard him sing four years ago and even then his songwriting suggested a performer of rare promise” – Steve Knightley, Show of Hands
A huge talent is emerging – Acoustic Magazine